Love this, Breathe IN, Wannt it, Live It!
So a guy just walked into my work place and he looks like Jack Black with glasses, maybe its the beard and rowdy hair and the way he walked in…. I dunno… Kinda like this! 🙂
I miss my Blog sooo Much!!! I haven’t been able to write anything because I’ve been super busy with life 😦 Today, am going to do a whole lot since I have not done anything in a Month…. Its called Love This, Breathe In, Want It and Live it!!! 🙂
The first one is OBVIOUSLY Love This! . I have been seeing a lot of things that makes me go awwwwww thats soo nice! Sooo Cute and WOW, I wish I could make that. SoI decided to share it with my readers (If there are any).
♥ MARRIAGE PROPOSALS ♥
I just found out recently that one of my friends got ENGAGED! I was soooo happy for her but also sad because I found out soo late!!! (BTW Her ring is super gorgeous!) and I know she is extremely happy! One of my best-friends and I asked her how he proposed to her ( you know you always have to ask) , and she told us it was like a family gathering with a few friends, and there was lots of food, music and chatting then he popped the questions ( how do I say this romantically?….) performed what he had been practicing (am guessing all week) by saying with all the honesty and love in his heart that will you take this journey with me ? (nah too cliché) he can’t live a day without knowing that she will always be there with him, sharing the same dream, living a life without sadness, and living a joyful, blissful life… (arrghhh I dunno! am not an expert marriage proposal line person 🙂 ) . Ahhhhh, soo Sweet! Dont’ worry! It will be your turn to propose or to be proposed to!
Later on, due to the stress in my life, I was reading stories on Yahoo! and saw this video. I thought it was the BESTEST BESTEST Proposal ever, being that am an APPLE Fan! (GO APPLE!!!!) and the song was just too nice!!, and you can see that the guy really put an effort to put it together! Enjoy!
Guys…. You better step UP! lol. Ladies, don’t you wish it was your marriage proposal (Honestly I don’t, but I wouldn’t mind! )
→THE IT PHONE ?←
Everybody that knows me knoows that I L.O.V.E my iPhone, even though its scratched, destroyed and living a painful life in my hands 🙂 . I am still waiting for the white iPhone 4g so I cant switch to anything just yet. But anyways, I was at an iSchool Initiative (click for more info) meeting when I heard about a concept for a Magnifique, créatif et extraordinaire téléphone. Its called Seabird and its made by Mozilla Labs.
Like I said earlier, I L.O.V.E my iPhone but if i had to choose between it and the seabird (If it actually lives to see daylight)…. I will choose the seabird (and cry soooo hard……..) because of the following reasons –
1. It has 2 freaking PROJECTORS!!!! Are you kidding me ?!! I would use that soo much.
2. The design is sooooo BEAUTIFUL! It looks so weightless ( like feather~~)
3. Wireless Charging – Can you imagine ?! that is super awesome!! My phone is always always dead* and even if i charge it for two days, in 5 hrs (or less) it will be dead!
4. IR Touchpad – I love anything that’s touch screen so this is kinda like a plus for me….
5. It has a direct connection to a pc…. ooooo how I love you!
If it ever becomes a Real Phone, I’m pretty sure I’ll get it. Its really cool… What do you guys think ??
I have been soo stressed this past week due to midterms, and other things. I tried to relax myself, tried to release all the “negative” energy flowing into my system. I’ve never been so stressed during the fall semester, its usually spring semester I’m super stressed (and really excited) because I have to organize a fashion show, international bazaar and many more. So, I decided to try and find anything that will make me relax and the following helped me –
1. MUSIC!! – I love my pandora! When am studying or just tired, I put on pandora.com and go to my Fallen Station. It is so relaxing, just listening to songs like Home – Michael Buble (His voice is soo nice!) , Breathe (2:am) – Anna Nalick, Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls, Secrets – One Republic, Two is Better than one – Boys like Girls . Listening to my type of music, with no distractions (fb, phone, text message, IM, Skype, Twitter, wow…. and the list goes on) really helps calm my nerves.
2. Take a LONG BATH or SHOWER – I LOVE MY LONG NIGHT Showers :))(Cant have long showers in the morning, am usually running *late* to class! ) and they have to be HOT! I usually have this when I have time, or I really really have to relax my nerves.
3. Hang out with my besties 🙂 – If there is anything I can do anytime, especially the weekends, is hanging out with my best friends… They are the best stress relievers EVER! We talk about things that actually help us grow and learn more about people (not gossip! ) … They make me laugh so hard and I try to make sure I actually heard what I just did. I love my best friends….( I hope they love me too! if not….)
4. Get a Mentor to just talk – My mentor is one of the best things that has happened to me in my life so far. She usually puts me on check (which I really need) and I am completely grateful for her. Days am stressed or I just need advice or somebody to make me laugh, think sooo hard, or just to let know what is going on in my life and get feedback, I go to HER. If you dont have a mentor, get one! (I strongly recommend it! )
5. Dance – If you know me, you’ll know that I Dance (Stupidly) 🙂 I’m usually shy dancing in front of strangers or just people am not generally close to, But, when am in the comfort of my apartment, I dance all I want !! I love dancing and If I could take professional classes I WILL! My little sister thinks am crazy when I dance (Makes you wonder how I dance, right ? lol ) Am pretty decent, If I do say so MYSELF!
6. Stop worrying about what if i don’t get this done, what if it goes wrong, what if I fall flat, what if they don’t like my presentation, what if……. JUST STOP AND RELAX!!
7. Think Happy THOUGHTS- I think it works! I really do…. I just sit down in my room and think of things that have made me happy recently…. and I smile and know that I want to make more happy memories even though I’ll be stressed..
At the end of the day, just sit down, relax, listen to good, clean music and think happy thoughts! = Stress Gone (I think)
I read an article one of my best friends share with me recently, and thought I should share it with YOU! ( I am super nice! right ??!! )
Its called –
1. You were/are a smiley student – according to the article “Adults with the biggest grins in their college yearbook pictures were up to 5 times less likely to be divorced decades later than those who looked less happy, according to a new DePauw University study” – I smile a lot!!
2. You have a sister – It says “People with at least one female sibling report better social support, more optimism, and better coping abilities” . I have TWO! (Double trouble! ) Sometimes I think they think am very crazy and immature ( 🙂 ) but they are the best sisters Ever! (I was forced to say that…. they might come get me! )
3. You are not glued to the TV – “The happiest people spend 30% less time parked in front of the tube, according to a University of Maryland study that analyzed 34 years of data from more than 45,000 American” ….. Well am not usually glued to the TV but am glued to my computer….. It doesn’t count!! 🙂
4. You keep souvenirs on display – If you’ve been to my apartment, you’ll know that I love souvenirs!!! I have a lot of things people gave me when they travelled or when I travelled.. The article says “People who use mementos or photos to remind themselves of good times better appreciate their lives and are happier, says Sonja Lyubomirsky, PhD, a professor of psychology at University of California, Riverside”. I believe this!
5. You make excercise a priority – I tried doing this, but this semester has just been awful… I should use blog time to go run or something! Hopefully this week I’ll be able to go the gym for Zumba class!! 🙂 Anyways, the article says ” People who exercise more are less likely to be stressed and more likely to be satisfied with life, according to Danish researcher”. Do you agree ?
6. You have a healthy love life – “Physical intimacy is a key contributor to happiness, found a study by Dartmouth economist David Blanchflower, PhD, and Andrew Oswald, PhD, of England’s University of Warwick”.
7. You hang out with people – I’m usually a loner…. I like my space…. but I kinda understand what they are saying… “Socializing with a cheerful person in your neighborhood increases the likelihood that you’ll be happy too, according to a new study” I totally agree with this. If you have a cheerful friend, he/she will be sure to make you smile!
8. You stay warm with cocoa – How about you stay warm with tea ? or coffee ? or something else…. Am not a big fan of hot cocoa…. but for those of you that like it… Yay !!!(i guess….) “Clutching a steaming beverage—coffee and tea also do the trick—can elicit a flood of positive feelings, according to a Yale University study”. . I like my tea!
9. You have TWO bestfriends – YAYYYYY I HAVE TWO BESTEST BEST FRIENDS… (hmmmm i think i do… I’ll have to go and check on that). So anyways, the article says ” Among 654 married adults, those who said they had at least two “best friends” (not necessarily including one’s spouse) were likelier to have better mental well-being, says a study. But additional friends didn’t lead to any more happiness than just a pair.” I totally agree! (O and I will agree with me on this! )
If you want to see the full article, Click on the 9 signs you’re happier than you think!
So do you think this qualifies you to being happy ? I don’t, I just thought it was a very nice post. There are other signs that shows you’re happier than you think!
Don’t you think the shoes are super cute ??! So the next thing on the list is Wannt It! This is obviously clothes, shoes and accessories… I got one of my best friends to work on this section… She is kinda like a “guest blogger ?” lol
This is totally not my style but i love no 10, 1 and 16! they are really nice.
For the next blog entry, I will show the cheap versions of the clothes, piece them together like she did and show it to you guys!! Also, If you have any questions about where I get the clothes from, just COMMENT ! 🙂
Also, for next time, she will be talking about fake guys and girls…. I’ve read a little bit of it and it is really interesting…. Funny how people in this beautiful world of ours behave!!
I decided to talk about shoes today 🙂
1. Smoothie – Genuine Leather beaded bow flats – $42 @ www.yesstyle.com I think this is really cute!! I just saw another version at ModCloth for like $29.99 not exactly the same but the same concept! Its soo Cute!! Am getting them soon 🙂
2. Autumn belle brown booties – $39.99 at shuruche. I like this shoes, they are perfect for fall and the heels are not that high so its super comfortable and cute at the same time!! You can wear them with sweaters, fall dresses with tights….
3. Blush Faux Suede Platform pump heels (jeez) – ever heard of amiclubwear ? Well now you have! This shoe is $19.99 at amiclubwear! go get it quickly!!! It’s cheap now and still available! I just love how the color is sooo delicate and angel like
4. UGG Classic Cardy boots – The first time I saw UGG’s, I was like eww….. thats sooo UGGly!! But then they started growing on me… and I started to like them! Plus they are sooo warm which is good for winter! You can get them at victoria’s secret for $140
5. Metallic Lace Up Shoes – This is usually not my style…. and i’ll probably not buy it if I saw it… I just like how it looks! It’s one of those shoes that if I do buy, it’ll just be there staring at me 😦 anyways, you can get it Forever 21 for $22.80.
6. Tall Faux Suede Boots – I like this boots because you can wear them with skinny jeans, tights (preferably), and just about anything… even shorts with tights 🙂 You can find it at wetseal.com for $39.50!
Am done shopping! Lets do something else!!! Don’t worry am almost done writing for the day, week, month or even year!
For this section am going to talk about food I had recently, or would like to make! We will also start on a program that will help us preserve our healthy body thanks to glamour mag! I couldn’t finish it this summer but am going to start it again… soon!
I will like to ANNOUNCE to all the coffee loving people that this is by far the BESTEST CAKE I have EVER TASTED!! I LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH!! I got one from Maggiano’s and I did not want to finish it… The final lap of the cake was extremely sad. I thought to my self – If only I could make this cake! So I looked for the recipe and got one from allrecipes.com, and another one from a random baker, am not sure if it will taste exactly the same but here is the recipe –
Ingredient from Allrecipes.com –
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package moist white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1 tablespoon coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 (9 inch) pans.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Divide two thirds of batter between 2 pans. Stir instant coffee into remaining batter; pour into remaining pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. In a measuring cup, combine brewed coffee and 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur; set aside.
- To make the filling: In a small bowl, using an electric mixer set on low speed, combine mascarpone, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur; beat just until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the cream, 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur until stiff. Fold 1/2 cup of cream mixture into filling mixture.
- To assemble the cake: Place one plain cake layer on a serving plate. Using a thin skewer, poke holes in cake, about 1 inch apart. Pour one third of reserved coffee mixture over cake, then spread with half of the filling mixture. Top with coffee-flavored cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour another third of the coffee mixture over the second layer and spread with the remaining filling. Top with remaining cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour remaining coffee mixture on top. Spread sides and top of cake with frosting. Place cocoa in a sieve and lightly dust top of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To make the chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate bar.
I haven’t tried to make it yet but I will ONCE I’m free! I’ll also take a picture and post it so you guys can see the disaster I made! 🙂
So the LAST THING ON MY LIST IS – – EXERCISE!!!
I have not been to the gym in like 3 months! 😦 I don’t just have the time!! To motivate me and remind me of exactly what I want, I have a 30 day guide from Glamour Magazine on getting flat abs
What you’ll need
Two dumbbells (at least five pounds each)
And thats it! LOL. For today, we will just get our dumbbells and from the day 2, we can start actual work!! 🙂
Ok am done talking for today! Am exhausted and TIRED! I just felt like I had to put on something. 🙂
Good Morning!! 🙂