Delicious Recipes ; Orange Chicken
My sister’s and I have days when we decide to mess around with different recipes. That is how I found out that my immediate sister was superb in making the best samosa’s EVER and my youngest sister is an awesome baker!! I found out what I was good at making this week!
I love looking at the recipes , adding and subtracting what I don’t like and it always comes out great! This week, we tried making chicken rice from a recipe book we have and orange chicken from recipes online. I was in charge of making the orange chicken, as usual..
boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs – we used both 🙂
4 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp baking soda
1.5 tspn balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp dark brown or light brown sugar – we used light brown sugar
4 tbsp Ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes – optional
I honestly can’t remember the measurement but I think this will do!
1. In a bowl, with the juice squeezed from the orange, combine balsamic vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper.
2. Cut chicken breast or/and chicken thighs into cubes, and thoroughly mix them with cayenne pepper, cornstarch and baking powder.
3. In a sauce pan, put in enough olive oil and fry the chicken until it is golden brown.
4. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water.
5. In a sauce pan, boil the orange juice mixture on high heat.
6. Add the cornstarch and cold water into the sauce and stir it so it doesn’t clump up
7. Add the fried chicken into the sauce and keep mixing until it is fully coated!
And you are done!! Put sesame seed to make it look pretty!
Here is how mine looked, and how did it taste ??!! AMAZING!! We ate it with chicken rice